Network NoiseHawk—Hearing, Not Just Listening
Promptlink NoiseHawk is proud to be among only 5 Leading Lights 2020 Finalists for Most Innovative Cable/Video Product or Service.
Find Help with our Broadband Network Noise Diagnostic Software for HFC Cable Plants Today.
Broadband Network Noise Problems
Promptlink's Network NoiseHawk solves the ongoing problem of pinpointing network noise in the cable network. This problem has plagued DOCSIS HFC Networks for years, with limited tools available to find the problem area of the network. Whether it is a bad amplifier, bad tap or coupler, finding such issues usually involves many expensive hours spent driving around and searching for the damaged piece of equipment.
Competitors not Pinpointing the Problem
Current competitive solutions make you invest in expensive hardware to deploy in cable headends, and do not truly localize the noise source. Promptlink Network NoiseHawk utilizes a Patent-Pending algorithm to analyze multiple sources of data, such as PNM and SNMP polling data, collected by Promptlink's Cable Plant Monitoring (CPM), to pinpoint the source of the problem as finely as a specific amplifier. Our broadband network noise diagnostic software for HFC cable plants are perfect for what you need in pinpointing the problem.
A Smarter Solution
Utilizing system maps and network hierarchy, combined with this algorithm, such pinpoint accuracy can be achieved. NOC personnel can use CPM's Alarm Dashboard functionality to find noise-related issues, then can direct technicians to the source.
Additional tools allow for studying the characteristics of Upstream channels:
as well as Upstream SNR history:
In the Palm of Your Hand
Network NoiseHawk isn't just fast, smart and inexpensive! It is convenient and simple to use.
A technician need only carry a mobile phone, where she can easily access the location in the plant where the noise is originating from. We provide the highest quality broadband network noise diagnostic software for HFC cable plants problems, and we will make sure you help you solve your noise issues.
Promptlink's software-only solution takes the guesswork out as well as the endless hunting for noise sources.
Find answers to your questions about Promptlink's Upstream HFC Noise Solutions
By reducing the time and number of technicians it takes to locate noise on the plant, Promptlink Network NoiseHawk reduces truck rolls, ladder moves, time to completion as well as labor costs, as problems are solved quickly and easily without the CapEx expenditure of extra headend equipment. Fewer problems means higher customer satisfaction and lower inbound call volume. The ROI is amazingly positive and short.
See for Yourself
See how Network NoiseHawk can pinpoint noise in your cable plant. The best way to experience it is to try it for yourself.
Contact us today to schedule a live demo for your broadband network noise diagnostic software for HFC cable plants and many additional services!
Network NoiseHawk—Hearing, Not Just Listening
Remote Network NoiseHawk takes the analysis out of the equation - all the cable operator NOC needs do is open the "Noise Analysis Report" and dispatch a technician to the network component causing the noise. Promptlink's NoiseHawk staff does the work of analysing and presenting the noise cases.
What is Remote NoiseHawk?
Promptlink's Remote NoiseHawk is an HFC network noise managed service offering add-on that takes the best of Network NoiseHawk and makes it simple and fast to implement. Prepackaged hybrid fiber coaxial network noise reports show technicians exactly where to go and when to go to fix those challenging RF noise issues.
- Promptlink staff performs the noise case analysis
- Presents packaged noise reports ready for dispatch
- Identifies location, time and type of noise, along with instructions on the network component that is the most likely source
- Can be on-demand or generated automatically based on Promptlink's noise alarm dashboard
- System map overlays show which network components to work on and provides real-time updates to show whether the maintenance was successful
- Mobile-friendly screens make it easy for Techs to access the noise reports and report their progress
Why Remote NoiseHawk now?
The COVID-19 pandemic has resulted in greater demands and degraded availability of Internet services for cable providers, who have been deemed "Essential Services"
- New and higher consumer expectations to deliver network performance 24/7
- Increased volume of consumer activity/utilization leading to saturation of networks, revealing network bottlenecks
- Increased volume of contact center calls to depleted employee bases
- Underlying noise issues being magnified, leading to service truck rolls
- Risk of customer churn, service brand impacts
Promptlink Communications is here to help!
- COVID-19 assistance - Remote NoiseHawk is temporarily free for 90-days as an add-on to Network NoiseHawk
- Promptlink is reaching out to strategic Cable/MSO Customers to collaborate on solutions in response to COVID-19
- Promptlink has developed the Remote NoiseHawk-based Service-Assist offering to lessen the impact on resource-strained operators
- Eliminate the “learning curve” for analysis using Remote Network NoiseHawk
- Minimize Tech time spent finding noise with packaged HFC network noise managed service reports ready for dispatch
- Implementation time is short and required access minimal
Noise Analysis Reports
Sample Noise Analysis Map
Sample Report instructions
Remote NoiseHawk Workflow